Science Project Package Application
For teachers at public schools, dependent charter schools, independent charter schools with 501(c)(3) public charity status and private non-profit schools with 501(c)(3) public charity status located in Hillsboro, OR affiliated with the local office of Synopsys, Inc.
Applications for the 2018-’19 school year have now passed.
Please submit an application for materials for yourself only. Do not submit an application on behalf of a colleague(s). We require every teacher utilizing science project materials from the foundation to fill out a separate application and agree to the terms of the contribution.
- Who Qualifies to Apply for a Science Project Package?
- What is science-o-rama!
- Expectations for Teachers
- Key Provisions of a Science Project Package
- Balloon Arches
- Apply for a Science Project Package
- Captain’s Request Form
Teachers at public schools, teachers at dependent charter schools, teachers at independent charter schools with 501(c)(3) public charity status and teachers at private non-profit schools with 501(c)(3) public charity status located in Hillsboro, OR.
Note: Teachers at non-public schools must provide the name, contact information, Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) and proof of Section 501(c)(3) public charity status by the date requested (TBD for 19-20 school year). Please scan and email documents to: Naszradi@synopsys.com
Note: Teachers at public charter schools must provide ONE of the following by Date TBD for 19-20 school year. Please scan and email documents to: email@example.com
- A document showing your charter school’s status as a 501(c)(3) public charity including the name, contact information and Federal Identification Number (FEIN
- A letter from a school district, on district letterhead, stating that your charter school is part of the school district or is a dependent charter school within that school district, and confirming the school district’s exempt status. Here’s some suggested language for a letter on district letterhead and signed by district official:
“(name of school) is a dependent charter school which is part of (name of school district), and (name of school district) is tax-exempt for federal tax purposes.”
- The name, contact information, Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) and proof of Section 501(c)(3) public charity status of another charity that will accept the donation for your purposes.
For example, Elm Street Charter Schools (which has Section 501(c)(3) public charity status) accepts the donation for the purposes of Elm Street Achievement Charter School (which does not have its own tax-exempt status). In this case, the donation will be made to the charity with Section 501(c)(3) public charity status (Elm Street Charter Schools), which will have the discretion to re-grant to Elm Street Achievement Charter School. The donation will be sent to the address and location of the charity with the Section 501 (c)(3) public charity status (Elm Street Charter Schools).
What is science-o-rama!
science-o-rama! is the generic name for your class or school science fair.
This is a two-step process: 1) individual teachers apply and 2) upon approval of the application, teachers confer and choose one school captain who will be responsible for placing one order for science project materials for your school.
Materials: are limited. The application process will close once the foundation’s budget allotment is reached. Materials are provided for the purposes of developing science projects, are not grants to individual teachers and are to be used or spent only for the purposes of developing and displaying science projects and general science learning for students in grades K-12.
Boxes containing boards and other materials must be opened immediately upon receipt. Shortages and discrepancies must be reported to the Foundation no later than 10 days after receipt. The Foundation cannot correct shorted deliveries that are reported after that date
- Tri-fold Science Project Poster Boards View Example
- One set SunArt paper kit (contains 15 sheets of 8″ x 12″ SunArt Paper)
- science-o-rama! posters View Example
- science-o-rama! adhesive “I Did It!” stickers (3″ round) View Example
- “I Did It!” science-o-rama! participant ribbons
- Rosette place ribbons (three each of first, second, and third place) View Example
- Certificates of Participation View Example
- Balloon Arch (assembled, 20ft. long, delivered to your school)
All communication regarding delivery of a balloon arch to your school should be directed to Bouquets & Balloons. This includes new delivery dates, changes to existing dates, delivery locations, etc. Bouquets & Balloons is our exclusive vendor. Please deal directly with them.Call 503-629-5827 or email firstname.lastname@example.org We strongly urge that you contact Bouquets & Balloons at least one week prior to delivery to CONFIRM your order and delivery specifics.
Receipt of your application is confirmed by email. Please save the email for later reference.