About the Synopsys Outreach Foundation
The Synopsys Silicon Valley Science and Technology Outreach Foundation
Founded in July 1999, the Synopsys Outreach Foundation works to ignite interest, nurture potential, and empower all K-12 students in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. In order to do this, we collaborate with Greater Bay Area education stakeholders and community partners to provide equitable and inclusive opportunities in project-based STEM.
The Foundation annually enables an estimated 150,000 students and teachers engaged in project-based learning at public schools and private non-profit schools with 501(c)(3) status in California.
The Synopsys Outreach Foundation serves as the major sponsor of project-based STEM events across the Greater Bay Area, including: the Synopsys Silicon Valley Science and Technology Championship (the regional fair for students in Santa Clara County), the Synopsys Sonoma County (CA) STEAM Showcase, The Synopsys Alameda County (CA) Science & Engineering Fair, sciencepalooza! (a science fair for students in the East Side Union High School District of San Jose), and enables numerous science fairs at the district, middle and elementary school levels.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Synopsys Outreach Foundation is committed to inclusiveness and diversity in its staff, board of directors, and volunteers. The Synopsys Outreach Foundation takes meaningful steps to promote inclusiveness in its hiring, retention, promotion, board recruitment, and constituencies served.
Synopsys Outreach Foundation Board of Directors
- Chairwoman: Erin Guzman – Director, Corporate Affairs, Synopsys Inc.
- Board Secretary: Erika Varga McEnroe – Senior Vice President, Deputy General Counsel & Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer, Synopsys Inc.
- Board Assistant Secretary: David Moyce – Legal Counsel, Synopsys Inc.
- Board Treasurer: Jeff Morrison – Senior Director of Finance, Synopsys Inc.
- Vern Caruz – Principal, Stipe Elementary
- Virginia Lehmkuhl Dakhwe, PhD. – University STEM Education Officer, San Jose State University
- Dana Ditmore – President, Oak Valley Consulting, Inc.
- Michael Kaufman, PhD. – Dean, College of Science (SJSU)
- Melinda Marks – Sr. Analyst – Application and Cloud Security, Enterprise Strategy Group
- Roy Okuda, PhD. – Professor of Chemistry, San Jose State University
- Caitlin Perez – HR Programs Manager, Synopsys, Inc.
- Narayanan Raju, PhD. – Sr. Staff Engineer, Synopsys, Inc.
- Larke Reeber – Santa Clara Valley Science & Engineering Fair Association
- Dr. Lynn Shannon – Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
- Amelia Shen – Director, R & D, Synopsys, Inc.
- Simone Souza – Sr. Public Relations Manager. Synopsys, Inc.
- Brandon Thompson – R & D, Synopsys, Inc.
Lauren is humbled by the opportunity to lead the Synopsys Outreach Foundation. Her role as STEM Programs Manager allowed her to build strong relationships and explore new program opportunities. She is proud of the Foundation’s recent award: RAFT (Resource Area for Teachers) 2022 Partner of the Year. She provides over a decade’s experience teaching middle school as a frame for everything she does. She is excited to provide more equitable, exciting STEM opportunities across the Bay Area.
To contact Lauren, please email her at email@example.com.
Jen is thrilled to join the Synopsys Outreach Foundation as Operations Manager. She has over ten years of experience running operations in the hospitality and tech industries. Aligning with SOF’s mission of providing equitable STEM opportunities, Jen looks forward to using her expertise to help grow the foundation and foster meaningful connections within her community and those throughout the Bay Area.
To contact Jen, please email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tax Exempt Status
In a letter dated January 5, 2001, The Internal Revenue Service determined that the Synopsys Silicon Valley Science & Technology Outreach Foundation is “exempt from federal income tax under section 501(a) of the Internal Revenue Code as an organization described in section 501(c)(3).” The IRS further determined that the Foundation is “a private operating Foundation within the meaning of section 509 (a) of the Code.” Our tax EIN (employer identification number) number is 77-0520414.