Captain’s Request Form Information – Hillsboro, Oregon
Captain’s Request Form Information for Schools in Hillsboro, Oregon
For teachers at public schools, dependent charter schools, independent charter schools with 501(c)(3) public charity status and private non-profit schools with 501(c)(3) public charity status located in Hillsboro, OR and affiliated with the local office of Synopsys, Inc.
We will not be requiring captain’s forms this year.
Each teacher’s individual request will be mailed to the address they designate.
Please review the information below, then (1) confer with your colleagues to determine the materials your school will require; and (2) complete the Captain’s Request Form by Friday, September 20th.
- Captain’s Requests are final. We cannot supply additional materials during the school year. If you finish with a surplus, store the materials for the following year.
- Balloon arches will be delivered only between 10:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- All communication regarding delivery of a balloon arch to your school should be directed to Bouquets & Balloons.
- CAPTAINS should contact Bouquets & Balloons at least one week prior to delivery to CONFIRM order and delivery specifics. Bouquets & Balloons: Contact: Cheryl Skoric, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: (503) 629-5827
- Boxes containing deliveries of boards and other materials must be opened immediately upon receipt and that any shortages and discrepancies must be reported to the foundation no later than 10 days after receipt. The foundation cannot correct shorted deliveries that are reported after that date.
What the Foundation will provide:
- Science project poster boards (white, 32″ x 48″, one for each project) (minimum order is 30 boards; additional boards may be ordered in increments of 30 (e.g. 60, 90, 120 boards)
- Fizz Keeper and Unbreakable Thermometer
- “I Did It!” ribbons (for each student completing a project, green, 2″ X 8″)
- science-o-rama! certificates of participation (with blank for student name)
- Rosette place ribbons (three each of first, second, and third place)
- science-o-rama! “I Did It!” stickers (3″ round with removable adhesive) to be worn by participants in advance of, and/or during science-o-rama!
- Downloadable science-o-rama! posters (11″ x 17″ with blanks for event date and location. Maximum of 5)
- Balloon Arch (20 ft. long; arrives assembled, delivered on the day of your science-o-rama!)
- Science & Engineering Practices Poster (1.4 MB)
- Engineering Design Process Poster (1.4 MB)
Note: Materials provided by the Synopsys Outreach Foundation are provided for the purposes of developing science projects and not grants to individual teachers. Materials provided may not be re-sold to students or parents.