Captain’s Request Form Information – Santa Clara County
Captain’s Request Form Information for Schools in Santa Clara County
For teachers at public and private not for profit 501(c)(3) schools with public charity status in Santa Clara County, CA
Thank you for acting as your school’s CAPTAIN to request science project materials for your school.
Please review the information below, then (1) confer with your colleagues to determine the materials your school will require; and (2) complete the Captain’s Request Form.
- Captain’s Requests are final. We cannot supply additional materials during the school year. If you finish with a surplus, store the materials for the following year.
- Balloon arches will be delivered only between 10 am – 5 pm.
- If the date and time of delivery for a balloon arch is not yet determined, please select TBD.
- All information regarding delivery of a balloon arch to your school should be sent directly to Balloonatics, our exclusive vendor. This includes new delivery dates, changes to existing dates, delivery locations, etc. Please communicate directly with Balloonatics at (408) 866-8206 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We strongly urge that you contact Balloonatics at least one week prior to delivery to confirm your order and delivery specifics.
- Boxes containing deliveries of boards and other materials must be opened immediately upon receipt and that any shortages and discrepancies must be reported to the foundation no later than 10 days after receipt. The foundation cannot correct shorted deliveries that are reported after that date.
What the Foundation will provide:
- Science project poster boards (white, 32″ x 48″, one for each project) (minimum order is 30 boards; additional boards may be ordered in increments of 30 (e.g. 60, 90, 120 boards)
- Fizz Keeper and Unbreakable Thermometer
- “I Did It!” ribbons (for each student completing a project, green, 2″ X 8″)
- science-o-rama! certificates of participation (with blank for student name)
- Rosette place ribbons, purple (three each of first, second, and third place)
- science-o-rama! “I Did It!” stickers (3″ round with removable adhesive) to be worn by participants in advance of, and/or during science-o-rama!
- Downloadable science-o-rama! posters (11″ x 17″ with blanks for event date and location. Maximum of 10)
- Balloon Arch (20 ft. long; arrives assembled, delivered on the day of your science-o-rama!)
- Science & Engineering Practices Poster (1.4 MB)
- Engineering Design Process Poster (1.4 MB)
Note: Materials provided by the Synopsys Outreach Foundation are provided for the purpose of developing science projects and not grants to individual teachers. Materials provided may not be re-sold to students or parents
Boxes containing deliveries of boards and other materials must be opened immediately upon receipt and that any shortages and discrepancies must be reported to the foundation no later than 10 days after receipt. The foundation cannot correct shorted deliveries that are reported after that date.