Science Project Package Application Info for Santa Clara County, CA
Science Project Package Application Info for Santa Clara County, California
For teachers at public schools, dependent charter schools, independent charter schools with 501(c)(3) public charity status and private non-profit schools with 501(c)(3) public charity status located in Santa Clara County, CA.
Science Project Package applications are Now Closed
Educators - Science Project Package applications for this school year are now closed. To be notified when the applications open in fall 2021, sign-up for our newsletter and we will notify you when it becomes available.
Please submit an application for materials for yourself only. Do not submit an application on behalf of a colleague(s). We require every teacher utilizing science project materials from the foundation to fill out a separate application and agree to the terms of the contribution.
COVID-19Understanding most teachers and students are currently working remotely, we have added additional flexible resources to this year’s package. In addition to the traditional supplies, teachers in Santa Clara County will be eligible to receive a membership to either RAFT, CASE, or NSTA – all of which will provide you with additional training and resources to help you execute upon project-based STEM remotely. You will also have the option of selecting one classroom kit that can be broken down and distributed to students outside of school. If you have any questions about this year’s distribution, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Each teacher may request:
- science project poster boards (up to 60)
- Round adhesive “I Did It” stickers (up to 60)
- Downloadable “science-o-rama” event poster
- Science & Engineering Practices Poster (1.4 MB)
- Engineering Design Process (1.4 MB)
- You may choose from one of the following:
- 1 year membership to either CASE or RAFT
Note: Materials provided by the Synopsys Outreach Foundation are provided for the purpose of developing science projects and not grants to individual teachers. Materials provided may not be re-sold to students or parents.
Boxes containing deliveries of boards and other materials must be opened immediately upon receipt and that any shortages and discrepancies must be reported to the foundation no later than 10 days after receipt. The foundation cannot correct shorted deliveries that are reported after that date.
Who Qualifies to Apply for a Science Project Package?
Teachers at public schools, teachers at dependent charter schools, teachers at independent charter schools with 501(c)(3) public charity status and teachers at private non-profit schools with 501(c)(3) public charity status located in Santa Clara County, California.
Required Supporting Documentation
Note: The deadline for receiving all supporting documentation is February 1st, 2021
Teachers at non-public schools must provide the name, contact information, Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) and proof of Section 501(c)(3) public charity status with the submission of the application. Please scan and email documents to: email@example.com or by regular mail to:
Synopsys Outreach Foundation
PO Box 61018
Palo Alto, CA 94306
Teachers at public charter schools must provide ONE of the following.
- A document showing your charter school’s status as a 501(c)(3) public charity including the name, contact information and Federal Identification Number (FEIN)
- A letter from a school district, on district letterhead, stating that your charter school is part of the school district or is a dependent charter school within that school district, and confirming the school district’s exempt status. Here’s some suggested language for a letter on district letterhead and signed by district official:
“(name of school) is a dependent charter school which is part of (name of school district), and (name of school district) is tax-exempt for federal tax purposes.”
- The name, contact information, Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) and proof of Section 501(c)(3) public charity status of another charity that will accept the donation for your purposes.
Elm Street Charter Schools (which has Section 501(c)(3) public charity status) accepts the donation for the purposes of Elm Street Achievement Charter School (which does not have its own tax-exempt status). In this case, the donation will be made to the charity with Section 501(c)(3) public charity status (Elm Street Charter Schools), which will have the discretion to re-grant to Elm Street Achievement Charter School. The donation will be sent to the address and location of the charity with the Section 501 (c)(3) public charity status (Elm Street Charter Schools).
Please scan and email documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Science Project Package Program provides free supplies for teachers in California and Hillsboro, OR who are hosting science or STEM/STEAM fairs.
Please Note: Each individual teacher needs to apply. Due to COVID, we understand that the shipping address may not reflect the school’s permanent mailing address.
Materials are limited. The application process will close once the foundation’s budget allotment is reached. Materials are provided for the purposes of developing science projects, are not grants to individual teachers and are to be used or spent only for the purposes of developing and displaying science projects and general science learning for students in grades K-12.
Boxes containing boards and other materials must be opened immediately upon receipt. Shortages and discrepancies must be reported to the Foundation no later than 10 days after receipt. The Foundation cannot correct shorted deliveries that are reported after that date.
Key Provisions of a Science Project Package
- Tri-fold Science Project Poster Boards
- Downloadable science-o-rama! posters
- adhesive, 3″ round “I Did It!” stickers
- “I Did It!” participant ribbons
- Rosette place ribbons (three each of first, second, and third place)
- Certificates of Participation
- You may choose from one of the following: