Building STEM Classrooms Initiative
Free STEM classroom supplies, training, and STEM grants
The Synopsys Outreach Foundation aims to ignite, empower, and nurture students and educators to participate in project-based STEM. Each fall, we provide FREE STEM classroom supplies, teacher trainings, and project-based STEM program/event grants to Greater Bay Area (CA) educators.
STEM Opportunity Fund – Applications OPEN!
- Application Opens: Monday, August 15th
- Application Closes: Sunday, October 2nd, 2022
- Applications will be reviewed and all awardees will be notified by November 1st, 2022.
- Monies will be distributed by December 31st, 2022.
Applicants will only be considered from the following Greater Bay Area (CA) counties: Santa Clara County, Santa Cruz County, Monterey County, San Mateo County, San Francisco County, Alameda County, Marin County, San Joaquin County, San Benito County, Contra Costa, and Sonoma County.
Applications will be evaluated by the Synopsys Outreach Foundation Equity Working Group on a specific set of criteria pertaining to their ability to bring project-based STEM to K-12 students in marginalized communities (and thus aligning with our organization’s Vision and Mission). All funding decisions will be final.
Amounts: Applicants may request amounts between $500 – $75,000. Previous awardees have included:
- James Madison Elementary School – supplies for a new STEM classroom
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Silicon Valley – inaugural LEGO robotics event sponsorship
- Junction Avenue K-8 – family STEM engagement evenings through the Girls Tinker Academy
Rules & Regulations: The applicant must successfully complete the application process provided by the Synopsys Outreach Foundation and be able to provide evidence of their charitable status.
- The program, project, or event must take place within the 2022/2023 academic school year.
- The program, project, or even must primarily (>50% participants) serve the age band specified
- The program, project, or event must share a summary with SOF, after funds have been spent. A form will be provided to awardees to share summary information.
- Late applications will not be accepted
- Employees, officers, and directors of Synopsys, Inc, The Outreach Foundation, and their immediate family members (spouses, siblings, children, and parents, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such individuals are not eligible.
- Monies may not be used for programs that charge students and/or parents for participation
- SOF may choose to fund some or all of any program, project, or grant based on their application. Historical grantees will not be granted preferential service.
- Monies must be used within the following counties: Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Monterey, Napa, San Benito, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Solano, and Sonoma
Applicants agree to abide by all official rules. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Tax consequences (if any) are the responsibility of the recipient.
Questions: Any and all questions about this can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In 2021, we were able to support:
- 168 teachers with a RAFT membership
- 168 teachers with RAFT STEM kits
- 11,500+ of tri fold boards
- 11,500+ of notebooks
- $1,200 in new teacher stipends
Update Email Preferences
Do you have a new email address? It’s important that we have correct and up-to-date email addresses
Websites, book and equipment recommendations and more tips and tricks to expand your repertoire of projects