Building STEM Classrooms Initiative
Free STEM classroom supplies, training, and STEM grants
SSOF’s Building STEM Classrooms program seeks to provide STEM materials for Greater Bay Area K-12 educators. The application for this program can be found here. The application deadline has been extended until October 15, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. PST.
Guidelines and Rules
- Eligibility – To be eligible to receive materials, you must meet the qualifications set forth below. Only educators representing:
- Nonprofit organizations
- K-12 public schools
- School districts
- Dependent charter schools
- Independent charter schools with 501(c)(3) public charity status
- Private non-profit schools with 501(c)(3) public charity status
are eligible for consideration. Private companies (without charitable status) are ineligible to receive these monies. *NOTE: There is no limit to the number of teachers that can apply from the same school site.
- The applicant must successfully complete the application process provided by the Synopsys Outreach Foundation and be able to provide evidence of their charitable status.
- The materials must be used within the 2023/2024 academic school year.
- Late applications will not be accepted.
- Employees, officers, and directors of Synopsys, Inc, The Outreach Foundation, and their immediate family members (spouses, siblings, children, and parents, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such individuals are not eligible for this program.
- Students and/or families must not be charged monies to receive these materials.
- Materials must be used within the following counties: Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Monterey, Napa, San Benito, San Francisco, San Joaquin, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Solano, and Sonoma
- The purpose of this program is to provide STEM materials for Greater Bay Area K-12 educators. If you are accepted to this program, your work and requested materials must align with this purpose.
Applicants agree to abide by all official rules. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Tax consequences (if any) are the responsibility of the recipient.
Applicants will receive an email from SOF when an order has been placed from your Wish List.
- STEP 1 – Create an Amazon Wish List with classroom items that will help you and your students explore STEM this year! We have some commonly requested items and suggestions here! (If you already have a classroom Wish List, perfect!)
- STEP 2 – Apply! As part of this application, you will be asked to share a link to your Amazon Wish List, below. Directions on how to do this can be found here. We encourage you to set priorities for the items on your list as we want to ensure we purchase what you need most! You will receive an email receipt after submitting this application.
NOTE: Provide an email linked to the Amazon account you have connected to your wish list, on this application! If you do not already have an Amazon account, you will need to create one for the email address you provide here. ITEMS WILL DELIVER TO THE ADDRESS YOU HAVE PROVIDED IN CONNECTION TO YOUR AMAZON WISH LIST.
- STEP 3 – SOF will make ONE purchase, up to $200 (including taxes and fees), per teacher, after the completion of this application. These items will be chosen from the Wish List you have provided. If items are included that do not support a STEM classroom and this program as outlined, they will not be purchased (ie: video games and personal items)
- STEP 4 – You will receive an email from SOF when an order has been placed from your Wish List. If you wish to receive notifications from Amazon about this order, follow these directions.
Any and all questions about this program can be sent to email@example.com.
Update Email Preferences
Do you have a new email address? It’s important that we have correct and up-to-date email addresses
Websites, book and equipment recommendations and more tips and tricks to expand your repertoire of projects