Volunteer Opportunities for Science, STEM and STEAM Fairs
The Synopsys Silicon Valley Science and Technology Outreach Foundation enables and celebrates teachers and students developing projects for the following science fairs.
We need JUDGES!
sciencepalooza! is a science fair exclusively for students in the East Side Union High School District (grades 9-12). It encourages first-time fair participants and over 600 students are expected to participate this year.
sciencepalooza! You Should Know:
- Judges will be provided with suggested questions for students and all necessary scoring information.
- The majority of projects are at an introductory level and entered by ninth graders.
- The projects are either experiments or investigations.
- The projects need to be evaluated by someone familiar with the scientific method.
- Up to three students may work on the same project.
- Judges will work in pairs and will review and score around 15 projects.
- Each pair of Judges will choose one Einstein Award Winner (most outstanding project) and two Galileo Award Winners (projects that deserve honorable mention)
- Parking passes and additional information will be sent via email.
sciencepalooza! Judge Application:
March 10 – 11, 2021
As of right now, the Championship may take place virtually or at the San Jose Convention Center – South Hall (between Market and Viola).
The Championship will begin accepting judges in fall 2020. Learn more about what it takes to be a judge on their website.