Volunteers Opportunities for Science, STEM and STEAM Fairs
The Synopsys Silicon Valley Science and Technology Outreach Foundation enables and celebrates teachers and students developing projects for the following science fairs.
We need JUDGES!
Synopsys Outreach Foundation n+1 Prize
Each n+1 finalist is interviewed by 6 expert judges with credentials in biological and physical sciences, respectively. Judges are asked to attend the Synopsys Championship (mid-March 2020) as well as attend the finalist night on April 1, 2020. If you have interest in becoming a judge, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the n+1 Prize, please email email@example.com.
March 11-12, 2020
San Jose Convention Center – South Hall (between Market and Viola)
The Championship will begin accepting judges in early October 2019. Learn more about what it takes to be a judge.
sciencepalooza! is a science fair exclusively for students in the East Side Union High School District (grades 9-12). It encourages first-time fair participants and over 600 students are expected to participate this year.
Each pair of Judges will choose one Katherine Johnson Award Winner (most outstanding project) and two Rachel Carson Award Winners (projects that deserve honorable mention.)
sciencepalooza! Judging Schedule
- 8:30-9:00 am Orientation
- 9:00-11:00 am Judging
- 11:00-11:30 am Tabulate Results
- 11:30 am Awards Ceremony (optional)
sciencepalooza! You Should Know
- Judges will be provided with suggested questions for students and all necessary scoring information.
- The majority of projects are at an introductory level and entered by ninth graders.
- The projects are either experiments or investigations.
- The projects need to be evaluated by someone familiar with the scientific method.
- Up to three students may work on the same project.
- Judges will work in pairs and will review and score around 15 projects.
- Each pair of Judges will choose one Einstein Award Winner (most outstanding project) and two Galileo Award Winners (projects that deserve honorable mention)
- Parking passes and additional information will be sent via email.
We will be able to accept online registration for sciencepalooza! judges up to 5:00 pm on Wednesday January 29, 2020.
After that date and time, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us in which area you would like to judge: Biological Sciences or Physical Sciences.